Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Smokehouse BBQ in Orem

The Smokehouse BBQ is a quaint little hole-in-the-wall place located in Orem in the same strip mall as Deseret Book, and is next door to the Sister Missionary Mall, 214 E University Ave.

Can I get an Amen for the heavenly BBQ we had when I took my 18 year old son with me for lunch.  Now this is a kid that loves his BBQ and I am a mom that loves a good price for the value.  We were both pleasantly surprised with what the Smokehouse has to offer.

We chose the two meat platter for each of us at $12.49 per platter, both getting the pulled pork and the brisket, I chose cole slaw and mac n cheese for my sides, while my son chose the corn bread and cole slaw.

The brisket was done to perfection, and tasted great.  The pulled pork fell apart just as it should.  They offer a table full of various sauces and dips, and I tried the sweet and the spicy.  Both were perfect.  The mac n cheese was a white cheddar style and very tasty.  I liked that their cole slaw was not soupy or sloppy and had just the right amount of seasoning.

With country music playing and the decor hinting at the cowboy theme, you just felt that all was right with the world while you sat and ate BBQ in an unpretentious atmosphere and at a price that made sense.  I am giving this place 3 points for atmosphere (after all, it doesn't pretend to be anything it isnt), 5 points for menu selection, 5 points for the quality of the food, and 4 points for service, which is not a big deal in this place, it's mostly serve yourself.

Will I go back again, oh yes, and soon.  Would I recommend it for a date, well, truthfully, if you are on a budget, on a first date, and you both just want good food and don't care much about location or decor, then absolutely.  If you are trying to impress a new date, probably not.   After the first date, however, bring them here, it's so good.  Highly recommended.








No comments:

Post a Comment